Blackfeet Community College will be closed March 16-20, as a safety precaution in light of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
There will be no classes or course instruction this week. All students, staff and faculty do not have to come to class or work this week.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
1) Blackfeet Community will not have regularly scheduled classes the week of March 16-20.
2) All faculty and adjunct faculty are to use this week as a time to prepare for remote education. Faculty, please establish communication processes with students i.e. JICS, WebEx, Zoom, email, social media, etc. All curricula, syllabi, course assignments, power points, homework and rubrics should be uploaded into JICS (Jenzabar Internet Campus Solutions). BCC will offer IT support for faculty that may need further assistance with JICS.
3) Faculty, please take note of any students that do not have access to the Internet and/or a computer at home. These students will need to be provided an alternative form of education i.e. paper packets, books, etc.
4) Students, please update passwords and access to student emails/Jenzabar. If you do not have access to a computer and/or Internet at home, please make sure to inform all of your instructors. IT support will be available to help students log in to their email accounts and online classes.
5) Blackfeet Community College will be closed March 23-27 for Spring Break. There will be no classes or course instruction this week. Faculty and Staff are not required to come to work on March 23-27. Non-faculty members will receive administrative leave for the week. Spring Break will be used as a time for facilities to deep clean all classrooms and buildings.
6) Starting March 30, Blackfeet Community College will offer remote (online/distance) education only. Therefore “in-person” instruction will be discontinued until further notice.
7) Starting March 30, Blackfeet Community College will remain open and operational for all students. All faculty/staff will continue their regular scheduled work hours until further notice.
8). All travel (in-state and out-of-state), extracurricular activities and community events at BCC will need to be moved to telecommunication platforms or canceled.
9) Blackfeet Community College is accepting donations to build care packages for our community elders. Please drop off any donated items at the Beaver Painted Lodge, March 16-20. Suggested items include cleaning supplies, disinfectant spray/wipes, hand sanitizer/soap, toiletries, personal items and non-perishable food items.
10) The Blackfeet Community College COVID-19 plan may change based on emerging situations and circumstances regarding the Coronavirus outbreak. It is imperative to regularly monitor emails, radio and social media for further updates. In addition, emergency plans may also be communicated by phone calls, text and/or RAVE. It is with great consideration that Blackfeet Community College has come to the decision to move towards remote education. However, these decisions have been made in order to prioritize the health and safety of our stu-dents, employees and community members during a worldwide public health emergency.