Miss Blackfeet Alia Heavy Runner’s short film Iniskim has been nominated for three Emmy Awards from the National Academy of Arts and Sciences, Northwest Chapter. They are Historical/Cultural, Program Special, Director and Photography. Iniskim is a fiction film inspired by a true story that follows a young Blackfeet girl’s journey from trauma to recovery. By reconnecting with the ancient power of the buffalo, the timeless landscape of her ancestors, and the wisdom of her culture, her life is changed forever. Iniskim features original music by Pearl Jam’s Mike McCready and a script co-written by Daniel Glick, Craig Falcon, Lauren Monroe and Sarah Clarke. It stars 2019’s Miss Blackfeet, Alia Heavy Runner. Both Iniskim and Bring Them Home, an intimate documentary about the only indigenous tribal-led buffalo drive in North America, may be viewed at https://watch.montanapbs.org/video/bring-them-homeiniskim-sjo1yk/.
- How much does Glacier County owe Browning School District?
- Glacier County’s cash reports for FY 2019-20 still aren’t reconciled
- Glacier National Park increasing access, east entrances still closed
- Volunteers organize an hour of fun for kids each Wednesday in Cut Bank
- Tri-Anglers invite all to come out and enjoy free fishing day on July 4th
- Temporary reduced hours at Ports of Entry continues
- Ashley Vanek is proud owner of Mountain Front Agency
- COVID-19 concerns cause officials to cancel Four-County Marias Fair, 4-H events still on
- Rasmussen’s mantra: ‘Try something new, even if it is a struggle’
- Spikers’ trip to Hawaii postponed until 2021