Miss Blackfeet Alia Heavy Runner’s short film Iniskim has been nominated for three Emmy Awards from the National Academy of Arts and Sciences, Northwest Chapter. They are Historical/Cultural, Program Special, Director and Photography. Iniskim is a fiction film inspired by a true story that follows a young Blackfeet girl’s journey from trauma to recovery. By reconnecting with the ancient power of the buffalo, the timeless landscape of her ancestors, and the wisdom of her culture, her life is changed forever. Iniskim features original music by Pearl Jam’s Mike McCready and a script co-written by Daniel Glick, Craig Falcon, Lauren Monroe and Sarah Clarke. It stars 2019’s Miss Blackfeet, Alia Heavy Runner. Both Iniskim and Bring Them Home, an intimate documentary about the only indigenous tribal-led buffalo drive in North America, may be viewed at https://watch.montanapbs.org/video/bring-them-homeiniskim-sjo1yk/.
- Glacier County Treasurer responds: ‘I don’t have a clue’ to tax questions
- One big, happy family just got bigger!
- Glacier County reports first COVID-19 death, active cases up to 17
- Glacier Commissioners leave development of long-term spending plan to CFO Kittson
- Montana VA Service officer to visit area
- With Glacier County Library still closed, families team up to give community new Free Little Library
- Writing (and righting) wrongs at heart of Sid Gustafson’s novels
- Blackfeet Stock Growers Association explains ARMP, dates to remember
- Glacier County reports first COVID death, five new cases
- Marias Medical Center offers speech therapy
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.