PP_N1

Cut Bank Schools Superintendent Wade Johnson and his administrative team met Monday, March 16, to address how to handle the Governor’s ordering closing all K-12 schools in Montana through March 27. As of press time, no decision had been made on the delivery of on-line classes. 

 “The principals and I will determine Wednesday (today) whether or not we will be attempting online delivery of an educational program,” said Johnson. 

Earlier this week school district officials were in the process of surveying students and parents to determine student connectivity and Internet capabilities. “We will use this information to support our decision on the delivery of an online educational program,” he added. 

The district will provide “grab and go” lunches beginning on Thursday, March 19. All students are eligible to call and order a grab-and-go lunch beginning Thursday. The lunches will be offered on regularly scheduled school days. 

To place an order call, please call 406-873-2229, ext. 214 between 8:30-10 a.m., or text or email bdezort@cutbankschools.net to order. 

Sack lunches will be available for pick up at the Anna Jeffries kitchen back door (beside the playground) from 11a.m-noon. Please do not enter the buil-ding, stressed Johnson.

Students eligible for free and reduced lunch will not be charged, but all others will be charged regular lunch prices.

Effective Thursday, March 19, access will be restricted at all schools for all personnel. Central office will remain open as needed. 

Under the Governor’s order all school staff  “will be paid in full according to contracts during this time,” Johnson assured. 

All school activities are suspended until further notice, reminds Johnson. This includes the CBHS prom, which is postponed until further notice, and the high school play, which was scheduled to premiere the weekend of April 3. All adult education classes are also suspended, and the use of school facilities is not allowed during this closure, he pointed out.

 “Cut Bank Schools are fully participating in the closure of district facilities in an attempt to decrease the spread of this virus. Prior to a projected reopening date, we will be cleaning and disinfecting all surfaces, but with our buildings unoccupied, it is unlikely that any virus should remain,” said Johnson.

“If this closure is extended for any reason, we will re-evaluate our response according to the information available at the time,” he concluded.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.